Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Process



At the moment I am working on the image elements of my Oshima Picture Book Museum pop-up book entry for 2010 (see http://www.ehonkan.or.jp). As I plan to make 2 to 4 versions of this book I’m drawing each image at least 4 times. In the image (left) you can see character images repeated at the first inking stage. As the process for me involves creating pop-up mechanics as stages to put characters on, I draw the characters individually and paste them in to position.

When I work on an individual image I use a very simple process to build the image up. The image (above) of the monster geisha you can see the beginning process of my image building. I start with pencil, then ink over with minimal detail and then start building up the colour layers. I will record and post the progress of this image as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment