Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 2, 2010

Kanazawa


Above is my “Tin Tin” Chalk board at Tasmanian Coffee Roaster. I am really enjoying playing with the black background.

I am also planning my trip to Japan for the Oshima award on the 21st of August. I am hoping to spend some time in Kanazawa. I have visited Kanazawa twice before but on as I passed through for ½ a day each time. Apart from the amazing historic buildings and gardens, I hope to visit ‘shamisen –no-fukushima’ a traditional shamisen manufacturer in the area. The shamisen is a traditional three-stringed instrument made from wood, silk and skin (dog or cat normally, Im sure my pets will forgive me!)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tony and bunch of Flowers,
    Lovely drawing!! Have a wonderful, wonderful trip and time there. Regarding shamisen, often I've heard used "cats" in Japanese folk horror stories. Maybe, you can make it into a picture book?
    Love and smile,
    Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Tony, congrats on the newspaper! You're gonna be famous!
    Cheers and best wishes,
    Sadami

    ReplyDelete