Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Solar System


When you’re a freelance illustrator, you can come across some very interesting and unexpected drawing jobs. One such project that I have been working on required me to provide a set of images for each of the planets in our Solar System. As I’m not a scientific illustrator this is certainly out of the ordinary for me. To create the images I decided to abandon my traditional approach of watercolour and ink and go with a full digital image. The images are not intended to be strictly geographically correct, rather they were to provide a representation of each of the planets.

I was very pleased with the images that resulted and decided to put them together in sequence. Below is the composite image for the planets in our Solar System. 



1 comment:

  1. Saturn is almost as big as Jupiter but in this picture its so tiny.....otherwise its good.

    ReplyDelete