Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Billy is a Dragon book2


I have just delivered all the artwork for book 2 of Nick Falk and my  new series of books , ‘Billy is a Dragon’.  I have been having heaps of fun with these books are they are filled with were-wolves, Dragons and a range of other interesting beasties to draw.
I love drawing character images and book 2 had a few challenging ones for me. One of the first characters that I drew for the books was Polly the parrot who is prone to very rude insulting comments to the ‘Billy’. Polly features through out the book  with funny insults hand drawn to break into the standard text layout.

The book has also allowed me to play with different sets of images. Each set is design to give a different perspective or view point to the reader. There is the standard in text illustrations (as in Poly above). These create a visual representation of  mood and atmosphere, show action, expand on the stories visually.  I also have a range of ‘LORE’ page that expand on the mythology to the world that Billy lives in. Finally I have created collection of margin images and comics. These look at characters and situations from the main character ‘Billy’s’ point of view.
‘Anatomy of Mr Gull’ is a good example of Billy’s view on what makes his teacher tick. I apologies now any teacher who might be offended (see mini poster at the bottom) and also for any spelling mistakes. As I come up with all of the text on these pages, there are bound to be mistakes. Never fear my wonderful editor Cristina will point all of these out and we will correct them before it is published.





Thank you for reading please find me on… 


Also to support mens health I am participating in Movember this year, donations toward medical research and support of mens health issues please click here,




No comments:

Post a Comment